Dosvm

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Apr 24 00:32:13 CDT 2001

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Richard Moulton wrote:

> After installing SUSE 7.1, I upgraded to wine-2001418.  No compliation
> or install errors were noted.  However now when I try to start a simple
> test app like sol.exe I get the the following error:
> wine: error while loading shared libraries: wine: undefined symbol:
> Dosvm
>
> I tried an older wine version that seemed to work under suse 7.0 but I
> get the same error.  I dont think it even trys to start enough for a
> "debug" output.
>
> Anyone have similar experience?  I haven't seen any note of it in the
> usual places

Dosvm is defined in libntdll.so.  Make sure the linux dynamic linker can
find that, (man ld.so/ [p]info ld.so) and you should be right.  If you
built wine from source and did not specify --prefix, add a line

/usr/local/lib

to /etc/ld.so.conf, have the system administrator run ldconfig, and try
again.

If your man page for ld.so only talks about a.out, it is too old.  Get a
newer one :-).

This is a FAQ, sort of.  I think.

Lawson

This message is brought to you by Wine release 20010418,
junopine-2.0.2, Juno 2.0.11, pine-4.10, and linux-2.4.3.
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.