Compile problem with ftp.c

The Ghost In The Machine ewill at lexideb.athghost7038suus.net
Wed Apr 25 12:15:04 CDT 2001

In comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine, Deryk Lister
<mail at removethistext.deryk.co.uk>
 wrote
on Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:10:18 +0100
<20010425.171018.802205057.547 at penpen.dialup.clara.co.uk>:
>In article <3ae6eda0.25637 at news.freesbee.fr>, "Unknown"
><g.patel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:24:24 +0100, "Deryk Lister"
>> <mail at removethistext.deryk.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>>ftp.c:1998: warning: implicit declaration of function `time'
>>
>> This stuff is in /usr/include/time.h on my computer. If I remove  it,
>> configure fails (it fails on the Xpm package, that could be a bit
>> misleading) Has not configure returned some error for you ?
>
>configure completed without any errors.
>But I'll check where time.h comes from and try updating the package.

There is also the (faint) possibility that your system changed
after the last configure (especially if one switches distributions,
or upgrades a distribution, but leaves Wine on a data disk -- I switched
from RedHat to Debian, for example).

If necessary, remove config.cache and then rerun ./configure or
./config.status to regenerate it.

--
ewill at aimnet.com -- insert random misquote here
                    Does this message really exist?  Where?