CoolEdit success

Christian Hedin d98che at efd.lth.se
Thu Apr 26 11:08:26 CDT 2001

I'd just like to post a little success story to cheer people up. :-) I'm
now able to run CoolEdit Pro 1.2 without problems. First I ran the
installation program with wine. Worked nicely. Then there was a problem.
When I tried to launch coolpro.exe it complained that it couldn't find a
dll called "pnc3250.dll" and therefore couldn't load the filter
"Ra3.flt". Since I couldn't find the dll anywhere on my harddrive I
solved the problem rather roughly by deleting the filter-file. I don't
know which filter it was but I don't miss anything. :-)

Then everything worked. Playback, recording, using effects are
excellent. The audio effects are even processed a little faster than in
Windows.

So get cooledit, and wine it people!

// Christian

PS. Oh, yes, I'm using Wine release 20010418.