How to get Word 2000 to work?

puzzle puzzle at puzzlepalace.com
Fri Apr 27 03:33:36 CDT 2001

Ok now I have tried the latest codeweavers version of wine and it is a LOT
better on my system.

I can now use the real windows partition mounted r/o under /mnt/windows and
at least get word2000 to load.

I still get problems thought:

First off I can not open or save any docs from any partition - even the real
windows one

Second - I get a load of messages in the console (where I started X win
from) about fonts etc
and word complains about a missing font (forget the name) so I guess I will
go install that and see if it makes any diff.

Finally - each time I exit an office app I get the wine debugger come up
with a load of stuff I don't understand (at the moment)

Has anyone got solutions for any of the above (especially the load and save
issues)

Thanks

Huw