Transgamings patch - install

The Ghost In The Machine ewill at lexideb.athghost7038suus.net
Fri Apr 27 10:28:18 CDT 2001

In comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine, Mikkel Mastrup
<mikkelmastrup at hotmail.com>
 wrote
on Fri, 27 Apr 2001 15:28:43 +0200
<F46dutox7nyeKzGZuNY00006523 at hotmail.com>:
>> > the patch is quite old from what i can gather.
>> > you'd be far better off downloading cvs, using it to download the code
>> > off their sourceforge cvs repository, and then compiling it.
>>
>>Not like it's hard to apt-get install cvs or anything.  8:o)
>
>You're really speaking in codes here. What is it all about.

'apt-get' is a Debianism (http://www.debian.org); you can also use
'dselect', which is a little friendlier, if a bit bewildering at first
(there's *so* much *stuff* in there :-) ).  If you're using
RedHat, you can use rpm; Slackware uses tarballs (.tar.gz or .tgz)
which can be untarred using 'tar xzf xxx.tar.gz'.  I don't
remember what disk cvs is on, but it's probably one of the 'd' disks,
or possibly 'n'.

I'm not familiar with SuSE, Mandrake (although it probably uses rpm),
Phat, or any of the other variants of Linux distributions to help
you much, if you have one of these.

>I'm downloading
>it from Windows (I don't have a Linux-box with internet) and then
>transferring the files (via SAMBA) to Linux. But what files should I
>download and how should I install them??? I've never tried CVS before.

Since your Linux box is not on the Internet, either directly or
through a proxy, it's not really applicable.  You'll want to
set up your Linux box on the Internet before you worry about CVS.

That said ... Linux has excellent proxying capability (squid),
firewalling, and masquerading.  However, investigation of these
capabilities is outside the scope of this particular newsgroup;
you may want to subscribe to comp.os.linux.setup.

In any event: good luck. :-)

[.sigsnip]

--
ewill at aimnet.com -- insert random misquote here
                    This is a voluntary signature virus.  Send this to somebody.