word 97 saving

Nicholas Brown nicbrown at cisco.com
Fri Apr 27 11:41:28 CDT 2001

I have been using Mandrake 8 with Wine release 20010418 at my place of work
and now longer need to boot windows. It has been excellent. I read design
specs sent to me as word documents with now problems (unlike file converts
that don't always work). And can watch VOD feeds for training (downloading
first as media player does not seem to like it when they are streamed)

My only problem is that I can't save word documents, I get word complaining
that the disk is write protected and if I try again I get it complaining
that it is out of memory.
Is this a known problem?
Where do I check to see if my wine config has write protected my drives?
can this problem be solved? it would be my final hurdle in never having to
boot windows again.

thanks
Nick