systray apps invisible

Bernhard Mogens Ege bme at miba.auc.dk
Mon Apr 30 10:24:35 CDT 2001

>> Bernhard Mogens Ege <bme at miba.auc.dk> wrote:

>>> For the record, I am using the gnome/sawfish combination on XFree86
>>> 4.0.1.
>> Hmm, I'm sure somebody else is using that, too.

>> Oh, and of course *I* forgot to mention that I'm using IceWM ;-\

>> The only way to debug it is to use something like --debugmsg +relay,+win
>> or so.

> I guess my posting was a bit too long, but in essence, wine likes twm
> and dislikes sawfish. I upgraded to sawfish 0.36 but that did not cure
> the problem. I am unable to solve the problem with wine/sawfish which
> forces me to use another window manager.

> Which window manager provides a similar gui as sawfish and still keeps
> a small memory usage?

> enlightenment is huge (and gnomecc, Gnome control center doesn't work
> with it).

> twm does not provide enough functionality.

> IceWM I do not know. Does it exist as a rpm package (for redhat 7.0)?

> other?

Ok, enlightenment does work with gnomecc. Apparently enlightenment had
rembered a window position for gnomecc at 18986,14340! (way off
screen).

Enlightenment also works with the systray window from wine.

I tried IceWM but didn't like it (not easy enough to configure). I
would prefer sawfish, but that appears not to be possible.

regards,

Bernhard Ege