Removal of CodeBreakers package

Toby Haynes thaynes at ca.ibm.com
Mon Apr 30 10:55:00 CDT 2001

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, epugh1 at nycap.rr.com wrote:

> I installed Codebreakers Redhat pakage to my eDesktop 2.4.  I downloaded
> necessary files for depedency problems.  I had tried Caldera's package
> without success.  Being a newbie I decided to try CodeBreakers.  When
> running winecheck it came up worse than the previous package.  I tried to
> uninstall package and my system did not see it as installed.  I deleted
> Wine.d from my /opt directory but when I go to reinstall Caldera's distro I
> receive and error stating that there is a conflict with Codebreakers wine.
> How do I remove it completely from my system.  When I do I will reinstall
> Caldera's distro and try to figure out why it won't work.

Does Caldera use RPMs? If so, try the following

        rpm -qa | grep -i wine

should list any wine packages. Now, you have already deleted the wine stuff so
you need to update the rpm database to reflect this.

        rpm -e --justdb <name of package>

will just update the rpm database and won't touch anything else on the
sytem. Useful in cases like this (and when red-carpet screws your installed
package list ... grumble mutter ... )

Cheers,
Toby Hayne

--

Toby Haynes
The views and opinions expressed in this message are my own, and do