Just out of interest whats this?

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Mon Aug 6 03:04:10 CDT 2001

Robert Laverick <csujo at scabserver.com> writes:

> Robert Laverick wrote:
>
> > FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> > FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> > what's this, what's causing it and what needs fixing (I'll give it a
> > look if it's needed) or is it just an old error that dosn't really need
> > fixing (I can run almost everything I want to and the all show this
> > error) just intersted
> > Rob
> >

> ok so I've found where these all some from, I see that it's mostly
> stubs, is there a deff of what all these should be or is that for me to
> work out?

Well, you have the prototypes you need already in pthread.c, and you ought
to know what read-write locks are (if you don't, maybe you shouldn't try
implementing them), and the rest should be obvious.

(There's also the libc source, of course, but I don't know if that would
(or should) be of help, as you must implement rwlocks in terms of Win32
synchronization primitives anyway, and the semantics of rwlocks should
already be known.)