Need help!!! Newbie to Wine.

Anthony Brice brice.90 at home.com
Mon Aug 6 09:33:16 CDT 2001

I have installed Red hat 7.1 on my Ultra Hinote laptop. I was quite
proud to get my sound working and ethernet/modem card working and X
window. I was surfing on the web and notice a development product called
WINE touting the capability to 16/32 API apps in the wine environment
with it sitting on the Linux kernel. I got the latest rpm from the WINE
website in rpm format and ran the command rpm -i wine-XXXXX.rpm(simple
so far). The install seems to go okay (no errors). I tried some
commands, wine --help and it came up with the help messages. I tried
wine -v and it told me the release of wine(20010731). What do I do now?
Does not the environment come up has Windows environment. There is not
setup.exe or installshield or install.exe to do this, I even looked for
winesetup.exe with no luck.

If anybody is out there with the patients to speak to a newbie it would
be greatly appreciated.

How my the way I was thinking of installing wine so I could run my Lotus
Notes client on it.

Anthony Brice