Wine running on Solaris?

Pavel Svika pavel.svika at corpus.cz
Tue Aug 7 10:42:45 CDT 2001

Hi guys,

has any of you succeeded in compiling and running Wine under Solaris 8?
If so, which version?

Actually, I've ran through compilation (which itself was uneasy and a bit
tricky) but can't run a single application because most of them ends with
message like:

err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0
addr dfa4d914

or:
err:win32:do_relocations FATAL: Need to relocate C:\WINNT\NOTEPAD.EXE,
but no relocation records present (stripped during link). Try to run that
file directly !wine: can't exec 'notepad.exe': error=21

or just:
wine: can't exec 'C:\NOTEPAD.EXE': error=21

I'm asking maily to know if I shall keep trying or give up and not waste
my time in spite of "Wine works on most popular Intel Unixes, including
Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris." sentence on the "About" page of www.winehq.com.

Thanks in advance...

	Pavel Svika.