service pack info for wine's --winver nt40?

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Aug 8 02:54:31 CDT 2001

Art Hughes <art at qualcircuit.com> wrote:
: Hi,
: I'm trying to install OrCAD's eCapture in a no-windows environment.
: When I invoke the install shield with 'wine --winver nt40 Setup.exe' The
: shield reports 'service pack 0 requires at least service pack 3'.

: How do I trick the shield or any other windoz program to view wine's
: nt40 emulation having a specific service pack.

Debug it by tracing what leadsd to this message, e.g. by running with
--debugmsg +relay  and piping the output in a file. If the message above
pops up with a messagebox, search for "messagebox" and "call"  in the output
file and try to understand the commands above and find out what brings the
program to spit out that message.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de