More WineX Build Problems

Bjorn Wesen bjorn at sparta.lu.se.NOSPAM
Fri Aug 10 04:51:47 CDT 2001

Jonathan wrote in message <9ksatk$88e$1 at news.chatlink.com>...
>I downloaded a newer copy of WineX from the CVS, using WinCVS (Pesky
winmodem
>doesn't work with Linux).  I copied it to my linux partition & did a
>./configure .  To my surprise, an error was returned!
>bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
>I'm confused.  What am I doing wrong (Yes, I'm a pathetic newbie)? Anybody
have
>any ideas?

Yes, since you downloaded through wincvs you didn't get the +x permission on
the file, so you can't run it using "./configure". Try "chmod +x configure"
first...

Also you might have screwed up line-endings but that would break all and
every file and I don't think WinCVS is that stupid unless you explicitely
told it to change the files.

/Bjorn