specuak chars

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at sloboda.ru
Fri Aug 10 08:43:44 CDT 2001

"Huhu" <nob at nospam.com> wrote:

> can anyone tell how to enter special characters like vowels with accents or
> the spanish "Я"?
>
> For Linux apps I can enter them by typing a special key sequence, e.g.:
> А : [CTRL] [╢] [a]
>
> When windows booted directly this also works.  Alternatively it is possible
> to enter the ASCII-number by pressing [Alt].
>
> Well, when I start a windows application with wine none ot the
> possibilities mentioned above work.
>
> Can anyone tell if there is a way to get around this problem?

About 6 month ago I investigated this problem with dead keys in depth.
It is caused by a way Wine handles keyboard input and requires almost
complete rewrite of the keyboard driver in Wine. I even wrote some tests
to confirm that. Unfortunately I had no time to accomplish this in the
working code.
--
Dmitry at Baikal.ru