Diablo 2 with Battle.net - another step closer again

Robert Laverick csujo at scabserver.com
Sat Aug 11 17:24:41 CDT 2001

Yes I've done this and I get the sinle player working fine, but when logging
into battle.net it can't validate the game. I have yet to try in windows to
see if this is that same, running Dload.exe it validates fine, but I suspect
that the crack is mostly a wraper that intercepts the check and sorts it out.
When I run the game_crk.exe I don't get the problem of failing at the start
but it dosn't play online, so I think the two files work like this.  game_crk
is a version of game.exe without the CD copy protection stuff, and DLoad.exe
is a wrapper that allows the version checking to take place.  when I try and
run DLoad this is what happens....
a box titled Error comes up, stating "Cant execute game_crk.exe in current
Dir." with only an ok button, and the terminal screen show 3 fixme's :
fixme:ntdll:NtOpenProcessToken (0xffffffff,0x00000028,0x40606918): stub
fixme:advapi:LookupPrivilegeValueW ((null),L"SeDebugPrivilege",0x66f01824):
stub
fixme:ntdll:NtAdjustPrivilegesToken
(0x0000cafe,0x00000000,0x66f01820,0x00000000,(nil),(nil)),stub!
which I assume is thie DLoad trying to load the game_crk.exe and failing.
can anyone help e with this, I'm willing to get into code, but am a java
programmer and haven't the first clue of where to start, my knowledge of
Windows progamming is even worse than my knowledge of c (I've done quite a
bit of C in BSPlibC, a lang uisng C to optimaly program parallel computers).
I'll even live with someone surgesting a really dirty hack to get it running,
even if I have to do it to my own copy of wine.... I've got a few installed
to keep a running one seperate from the one I'm messing with.
anyway it's over to the audience again, can anyone help?  or surgest another
crack that will work, or even a way to fix this one.
Cheers.
Rob