Diablo 2 with Battle.net - another step closer again

Robert Laverick csujo at scabserver.com
Sat Aug 11 18:27:34 CDT 2001

Well that seems not to be the problem with battle.net, not that I've fixed it
but that I've found something else that's what's causeing the problem...
thanks to the ability to sroll the display away from the aplicaion (never
though I Thank that for anything!) I was able to see what's going on when it
trys to connect to battle.net.  when I try to connect I get 2 fixmes very
close together, I assume it's the program allowing 1 retry...

fixme:advapi:CryptAcquireContextA (0x4605440c, Blizzard_Storm, Microsoft Base
Cryptographic Provider v1.0, 1, 00000000): stub!
fixme:advapi:CryptAcquireContextA (0x4605440c, Blizzard_Storm, Microsoft Base
Cryptographic Provider v1.0, 1, 00000008): stub!

but like all my thoughts it could be complet rubish I'm just about to dive in
and have alook, I'll post again when I get something alittle more concreet!
from the look of the name this isn't going to be good, I'll bet there's
nowhere that this CryptAcquireContextA is properly documented and that it's
all closed box, but somethimes I'm worng (more often than not it seems when
thinking about wine <G> guess I'll get it eventualy)
Thoughts, comments? any crypto experts in the house?
I'll be back
Rob