How do I make windows open maximised?

Martin Liddle martin at tcs02.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 08:09:25 CDT 2001

In message
<997783584.1730.3.camel at cpe-144-132-112-76.vic.bigpond.net.au>, Peter
McConnell <pmcconne at bigpond.net.au> writes
>On 14 Aug 2001 00:44:34 +0100, Martin Liddle wrote:
>> I have been dabbling with getting some of our Windows applications
>> running under Linux using the CodeWeavers preview 20010629.  I am making
>> good progress and am very pleased with the results.  However I am
>> currently stuck on one problem.  The Windows software is developed using
>> Borland Delphi and the application includes a number of forms that are
>> intended to be displayed full screen.  The forms have the Delphi
>> property WindowState set to wsMaximised.  Under Windows they open
>> maximised. Under Wine they open at their design size.  Can anybody give
>> me any clues as to what I should be looking at to fix this?
>
>try
>wine --managed (your application)
>which will start an app with the gnome or kde window manager
>then maximize and right click on top left corner and set the
>size

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.  Unfortunately this doesn't
help. What I see is that the Wine desktop starts full screen (at
1024x768), but my application only occupies the top left hand corner of
the screen (I'd guess that it's roughly 640x480) whereas under Windows
it would occupy the full screen.  Any other thoughts?
--
Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, 27 Garforth Close,
Cramlington, Northumberland, England, NE23 6EW.