Can't write from Word

Mike Manchester mchester at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 13:59:58 CDT 2001

Can someone tell me what is wrong here? I've checked all the file
permissions and even tried to run wine as root. I can't save a file from
Word97 running under wine.  Here's the message I get.

Word Cannot save or create this file. The disk may be full or write
protected.
try one of the following
Make sure taht the disk you want to save the file on is not full,
wite-protected, or damaged.
(d:\temp\ckelly_ada.do

Not the c is missing from the .doc. Also sometimes there are files that
show up in the directory with names like ckelly_ada.doc.doc or
ckelly_ada.doc.doc.doc

Any idea what is going on here? Word runs fine (well a little slow) but I
can't write from it.

Thanks for any help on this
Mike M.