Old games

Per Wigren wigren at home.se
Wed Aug 15 10:38:04 CDT 2001

Hi all!

I'm not yet subscribed to this list (I'm going away for a 3 week vacation in
a few weeks and I don't want my account to be filled) so please cc!

I've been trying to get some old games running with NO success...

Here are the results when using Transgaming's WineX CVS from today. I've
tried both winehq 20010629 and 20010729 also, with (almost) the same
errormessages.  I don't know what --debugmsg flags to use for it to be useful
to you. Please tell me and I'll post the output!

Space Quest V:

# wine sierra.exe

I get a lot of "FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock", then:
Warning: unprotecting the first 64KB of memory to allow real-mode calls.
         NULL pointer accesses will no longer be caught.
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
err:int:INT_Int15Handler int15: unknown/not implemented parameters:
int15: AX 8702, BX 0054, CX 0005, DX 0002, SI 0370, DI 03c2, DS 2c1e, ES 2c1e
err:ddraw:VGA_SetMode DirectDraw does not support requested display mode
fixme:int10:INT_Int10Handler Read block of DAC registers - Not Supported

Then it just hangs...

Legend of Kyrandia III:

# wine setup.exe

Works fine, but hangs when trying to detect soundcard. If I say "No" to "Try
to detect soundcard?" it runs to the end as is should.

# wine main.exe
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
Warning: unprotecting the first 64KB of memory to allow real-mode calls.
         NULL pointer accesses will no longer be caught.
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np

Then it hangs....

Simon The Sorcerer:

# wine setup.exe
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock

Installshield unpacks 73% - 77% (different result all the time), then I get
an empty (?!) errorbox! Then it hangs..

Civilization for Windows:

# wine setup.exe
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x4010cfe8 wait timed
out, retrying (60 sec) fs=008f
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x4010cfe8 wait timed
out, retrying (60 sec) fs=02ef
Killed

The installation interface comes up but it's dead. It's not responding to
anything. Have to "kill wine".

Cruise For A Corpse:

# wine setup.exe
Warning: unprotecting the first 64KB of memory to allow real-mode calls.
         NULL pointer accesses will no longer be caught.
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:console:SetConsoleScreenBufferSize (8,80x25): stub
fixme:int10:INT_Int10Handler Set Cursor Shape - Not Supported
fixme:int10:INT_Int10Handler Set Cursor Position: Cannot set to page 1
fixme:int10:INT_Int10Handler Set Cursor Position: Cannot set to page 1
Console: Making console complex (creating an xterm)...
fixme:int10:INT_Int10Handler Set Cursor Position: Cannot set to page 1
fixme:int10:INT_Int10Handler Set Cursor Position: Cannot set to page 1
fixme:int10:INT_Int10Handler VESA Set palette entries - not implemented
Warning: /opt/wineX/bin/wine not accessible from a DOS drive
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
err:console:CONSOLE_make_complex error creating AllocConsole xterm
err:ddraw:VGA_SetMode DirectDraw does not support requested display mode
fixme:int10:INT_Int10Handler Set Cursor Position: Cannot set to page 1
fixme:int10:INT_Int10Handler Set Cursor Position: Cannot set to page 1
fixme:int10:INT_Int10Handler Select Active Display Page - Not Supported

Hangs.....

All of the "Cursor Position: Cannot set" etc is about 100-200 times each, not
2 as listed here (to save space)

Curse of Enchantia:

# wine setup.exe
Warning: unprotecting the first 64KB of memory to allow real-mode calls.
         NULL pointer accesses will no longer be caught.
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:console:SetConsoleScreenBufferSize (8,80x25): stub
Console: Making console complex (creating an xterm)...
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
err:console:CONSOLE_make_complex error creating AllocConsole xterm

Hang....

# wine curse.exe
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
Warning: unprotecting the first 64KB of memory to allow real-mode calls.
         NULL pointer accesses will no longer be caught.
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
err:ddraw:VGA_SetMode DirectDraw does not support requested display mode
fixme:int16:INT_Int16Handler Set Typematic Rate and Delay - Not Supported

Then an endless loop of:
fixme:int:INT_RealModeInterrupt Unknown Interrupt in DOS mode: 0x0
fixme:int:INT_RealModeInterrupt Unknown Interrupt in DOS mode: 0x0
fixme:int:INT_RealModeInterrupt Unknown Interrupt in DOS mode: 0x0
fixme:int:INT_RealModeInterrupt Unknown Interrupt in DOS mode: 0x0

Please tell me if you want more information (--debugmsg +??? output) !
I also have to say that I ran the Grim Fandango Demo without any problems at
all using the same WineX today!

Regards
Per Wigren