x11drv

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Aug 15 19:32:33 CDT 2001

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Chris Holden wrote:

> I have SuSE 7.1.
> I installed wine from the disc
> When I try to run it as root, I get "Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'"
> I cannot find x11drv anywhere on the disc's or the installed packages.
> can anyone tell me where I can get ?
> Chris.

x11drv is the "dllname" for this beast.  The leaf name for it as it
lives in the linux filesystem is libx11drv.so.  Got one of those?
Sorry, I don't know where SuSE puts it.  Mine is in /usr/local/lib.
Likely places to look are /usr/lib and /opt/wine/lib (or
/opt/lib/wine??).  Hmmm, if SuSE was kind enough to include wine's man
pages, look at section FILES at the end of man wine:

FILES

       /usr/local/lib/
              Directory containing wine's shared libraries

Version 20010731           Aug 5, 2001                          1

Yours might be different, but that is where libx11drv.so should live,
and that directory should be in /etc/ld.so.conf, or in one of the
environment variables LD_LIBRARY_PATH or WINEDLLPATH.

Why is root trying to run Wine?  Ideally, root should be a lazy sod, and
should not do anything it doesn't have to do.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.