How do I make windows open maximised?

Martin Liddle martin at tcs02.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 14:01:08 CDT 2001

In message <3b7ad0f7.123374 at news.nerim.net>, gerard patel
<g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid> writes
>On Wed, 15 Aug 2001 17:59:30 +0100, Martin Liddle
><martin at tcs02.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>I am also using Delphi 5.  I happily admit to being a Wine newbie and
>>not a particularly experienced Delphi programmer (although an
>>experienced Pascal programmer).  I am almost certainly doing something
>>stupid either in Wine or with my Delphi code.  Could I impose on you by
>>sending you my test application?
>
>Right, my real provider is nerim.net and the address
>is gerard.patel

Thanks for the offer but I have made some progress.  In producing a test
program, I think I may have isolated the problem.  It seems to me that
it relates to the BorderStyle property of the forms in Delphi.  If this
is set to bsNone (which my forms were) then I get the problem described.
If the form is created with e.g. bsSizeable and then the BorderStyle is
changed to bsNone at run time then everything works as expected.

I am not sure if this is expected behaviour but at least I have a fairly
painless workaround.  Perhaps you could try this on your test program
and see if you see the same phenomenon.

Thanks again for your help.
--
Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, 27 Garforth Close,
Cramlington, Northumberland, England, NE23 6EW.