Two Versions Possible?

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Fri Aug 17 20:14:12 CDT 2001

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:39:02 -0500, Kurt Savegnago
<ksaves2 at theramp.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>  Does anyone know the specifics of running two versions of WINE?
>I have an old WinBlows app that will work only with the 20010216
>version, but some of my other apps do run better with the latest
>version of WINE.  Would I be able to stick the old version somewhere
>in my directory hierarchy and still have a newer version for my
>newer apps?  I suspect that the development folks do something like
>that. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Yes, I do that on a regular basis.

I have also posted how to do it since a long time on this news
group, so a pointer to www.google.com is probably as good as
any :-)

export WINE=/home/gerard/win/wine
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$WINE:$WINE/dlls:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export WINEPREFIX=/home/gerard/.wine
export PS1='wine:'
cd /home/gerard/win/wine
bash

export WINE=/home/gerard/win/wine2
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$WINE:$WINE/dlls:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export WINEPREFIX=/home/gerard/.wine2
export PS1='wine2:'
cd /home/gerard/win/wine2
bash