user.dll problems

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sat Aug 18 10:50:40 CDT 2001

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Michael Pearce wrote:

> well i know I'M not, and i'm gettign that same exact error
>
> chuzwuzza at chuzwuzza:/cdrom$ wine SETUP.EXE
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin user.dll: /usr/local/lib/libuser.so: undefined symbol: WDML_ExtractAck

This is the error ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Could not load 'USER.DLL' required by 'ISSET_SE', error=2

This is fallout.

> Terminated

As Gerard pointed out, this is not the same exact error.  The result is
the same, but the cause is that gcc-2.96-* (at least up through -85) is
broken, or at least Wine doesn't like the way it handles inline
functions.  I guess Alexandre is working on some way to code around what
I think is a compiler bug, but I'll stick with gcc-2.95.3 until a newer
one can gernerate correct code from Wine source.  I didn't like or use
egcs, either.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!