user.dll problems

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sat Aug 18 18:32:53 CDT 2001

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, gerard patel wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 01:09:18 +1000, Michael Pearce
> <chuzwuzza at ematic.com> wrote:
>
> >but i was getting very frustrated at mine not working, and saw a similar problem and jumped on it.
> >im using gcc 2.95.3
> >god forbid if anyone were to use gcc 3... =)
>
> Hum.
> I have a doubt just now. Your problem looks like one that is
> discussed on wine-devel that is attributed to change in
> compiler, but it was a change in some versions of 2.96
> and 3.0.
>
> My guess is that this is a very recent change to Wine
> and when he did it the contributor was not yet
> aware of the inline problem (that's in
> dlls/user/dde/dde_private.h btw)
>
> I am hardly a compiler expert, so take my advice with
> a pinch of salt.
>
> Gerard

I have fetched everything that has been it wine-cvs up through

Patch: http://cvs.winehq.com/patch.py?id=99815765079103741561994
Patch: http://cvs.winehq.com/patch.py?id=998157754618916729930788
Patch: http://cvs.winehq.com/patch.py?id=998158107708802707493305
Patch: http://cvs.winehq.com/patch.py?id=998158204525735637638718

and had no problems compiling each chunk with gcc-2.95.3.

Michael, did you at one time have a gcc-2.96?  Might there be some
hangover output file that was compiled wrong?  If so, maybe make
distclean and start over from ./configure would help.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.