Event trail info help request

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Mon Aug 20 02:25:19 CDT 2001

G'day all,
I'm always running the latest wine built locally, daily from CVS.
I'm using Xfree 4.0.2 with a microtouch touchscreen, and I'm chasing a
mouse event bug.
I write my software in Borland Delphi 4.
For testing, I have written a program that simply intercepts the application
message queue, and filters WM_MOUSEMOVE, WM_LMOUSEDOWN and WM_LMOUSEUP events,
and prints them to a memo component complete with hex representation of the
hwnd from the message.

I'm running the program with
wine -managed --debugmsg +event Project1.exe

This applies to all the windows programs I have run so far. I use Calc.exe from
win95 as a good example.
It works fine with a mouse. With the touchscreen, I'm required to press each key
twice to register a keypress.

What appears to happen with a mouse, is as you move the mouse onto the key, the
program recieves a lot of WM_MOUSEMOVE messages and this allows the windows program?
or Wine? to determine the control the mouse is over, when the MOUSEDOWN event is
sent it gets sent to the correct component.

With the touchscreen, there are almost no MOUSEMOVE events preceeding the MOUSEDOWN
and often the MOUSEDOWN is sent to the component(hwnd) that was last clicked or
selected.

Now using --debugmsg +event, the correct hwnd is selected for the message every time.

I'm after some assistance as to the message queue structure in wine, so I can try to
locate where the problem arises. I would have suspected something in Delphi, but
of course it works in Windows, and calc.exe fails as well in the same way.

The MotionNotify events go the same way as the MOUSEDOWN/MOUSEUP events, they are delivered
to the wrong hwnd.

Watching the +event trace and my program together in real time, I can see the right message
with the right hwnd in the trace, and the right message with the wrong hwnd in my program.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
--
Brad....
                   /"\