bat files

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Aug 22 17:43:53 CDT 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Grant Williamson wrote:

> Just a question, should it be possible to run bat files with wine.
> Basically the application is java, I know the java will run under windows.
> I also know that java will run under linux natively, but I am curious if
> this is possible to start under wine.
> I get wine: can't exec 'blue.bat': invalid exe file.

The winelib program wcmd has some ability to run bat files.  If you have
the wine source, there is a README in <wine>/programs/wcmd.  IIRC, the
programs don't build from the toplevel Makefile, but if you cd to
programs or programs/wcmd and run make (and make install) that will do
it.

Script started on Wed Aug 22 18:35:42 2001
[whit at giftie whit]$ wcmd
WCMD Version 0.17

H>blat
H>echo "High their!"
"High their!"
H>dir blat.bat
Volume in drive H is gummy
Volume Serial Number is 1234-5678

Directory of H:\blat.bat

 8/22/01   6:35 PM            75  blat.bat
       1 file                        75 bytes
       0 directories        916,146,176 bytes free

H>echo "I don't know any more .bat commands"
"I don't know any more .bat commands"
H>exit
[whit at giftie whit]$ exit
exit