Event trail - More info

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Wed Aug 22 23:07:26 CDT 2001

gerard patel wrote:

> >From what I see, the problem *may* come from get_coords in
> windows/x11drv/event.c
>
> It would be interesting to trace what is happening here, since
> this is the point (I think) where the window for which the
> event happened (what you see with the 'Got event' trace)
> and the 'scope' window, that is, the topmost parent, and
> the window coordinates.
>
> You could add traces in this routine to display what are the
> values 'in' and 'out' for hwnd and x,y. Then compare what
> is happening in both cases (mouse and touchscreen)
>
> Do you need help in adding traces ? C is not that different
> from Pascal :-)

Thanks for the reply Gerard, I can probably handle the traces ;p)
This is the sort of info I was looking for, I now know where to
start.
Am I looking at the best debug output? or is there another
debug stream that is more suited to what I'm tracing?

I'll start on it right away.. Thanks..

--
Brad....
                   /"\