Questions about W2K (fwd)

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Aug 23 20:14:42 CDT 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 20:41:39 -0400 (EDT) whit at giftie.alien.org writes:

> [...]
I am composing this with a juno version 4 I just installed to a new
no-windows "c:" with wine --winver nt40.  I had to give it a native
riched32.dll (the message box asked for it by name, which is unusually
accurate for a message box), and I couldn't import my account from the
net because it can't find my modem, so I imported it with tar instead.

It won't be able to send it either, so I will put it in the outbox and
move
that to juno 2' s outbox.  I can't read mail with juno 2 (which is why I
made junopine-2.0.2) but at least juno 2 doesn't use tapi if I tell it
where
the modem is.  And it doesm't have juno 1.x's limit of 60k per letter.

I think if your linux box is connected to the net in its own right, juno
4 will
be able to get and send mail without using the modem itself.

I've never done it myself, but other wine developers habitually use
eudora
that way, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Be sure to choose the other option (not modem) at the welcome to juno
thingy,
before importing your account.

Lawson
---I don't like GUI---