My adventures with Wine and Netscape

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Aug 24 02:50:19 CDT 2001

Darrin Edwards <edwards at trurl.bsd.uchicago.edu> wrote:

: On 22 Aug 2001 20:14:19 GMT, Uwe Bonnes
: <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

:>Darrin Edwards <edwards at trurl.bsd.uchicago.edu> wrote:
:>...
:>
:>: In conclusion, my experiences so far with wine (I've got a funnier
:>: one prior to the netscape if anyone is interested :)) have been
:>: neither uninteresting nor unsatisfying, and I am really grateful to
:>: the developers for the tremendous amount of effort that has gone into
:>: this project.
:>
:>Your experience will get more interesting if you switch opn debugging ;-)

: Thanks :) I was aware of --debugmsg options, and used them on a
: different install.  (Unless you meant winedbg, but the few times I've
: fired that up, it's been painfully clear that it's beyond my
: abilities!)  They (--debugmsg) didn't seem to help in the two cases I
: mentioned; the "errors" were in windows-style dialog boxes, and as far
: as wine was concerned things were running smoothly. :)

That's the way it is suposed to be. Find the place where the programm fires
up the windows style error box (Call... MessageBox) and look about what goes
wrong. Normally the programm fetches some message to put in the box and
before that there is something going on that the programm doesn't expect.
documentation/debugging tells more.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de