Netscape

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Aug 27 16:19:00 CDT 2001

The Ghost In The Machine <ewill at lexideb.athghost7038suus.net> wrote:
: In comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine, zb at nospam.dk
: <zb at nospam.dk>
:  wrote
: on 27 Aug 2001 08:17:40 +0200
: <87r8tygh6j.fsf at pondus.localdomain>:
:>Is it possible to install and run Netscape whitout having access to a
:>native windows.

: There is a Linux-native version of Netscape available.  Or you can
: download the Mozilla source and try to compile it, if you're really
: adventurous. :-)

: I'm not sure if the Windows version of Netscape4 or Netscape6 runs under
: Wine yet.  (I can see why some people might want to preserve their cookies,
: but otherwise one should just go for the native prebuilt. :-) )

Some people during an exhibition last year felt that Windows Netscape under
wine crashed less often than Linux Netscape under Linux...

But beside that, this newsgroup is for discussing wine and it's development,
and challenging wine with big applications like netscape is what this group
is for...

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de