VGA PLANETS/PLANETS 4/WiNPLAN

moxie moxie_man at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 10:30:51 CDT 2001

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 03:29:00 +0200, Oliver Ob <ob_ok at gmx.net> wrote:

>Hi mates,

using FreeBSD + wine .....

>has anyone successfully been working with
>VGA Planets (D0S)

no - I use VPA for DOS and  I can't find a dos emulator for BSD that
VPA will work with.

>WinPlan (Win 9x)

Works great easy install - no problems

>Planets 4 (Win 9x)

don't play it/use it

>Rebirth 338/Steinberg (Win 9x)
don't play it/use it

>Cool Edit 2000 (Win 9x)
don't play it/use it

>so far?
>
>I am new to Wine, so did you have to change settings?
>
>PM also welcome, I shall not bore you with this... :)
>
>Tnx!

As a side note echoview for winplan worked fine also under
FreeBSD+wine

I really wish I could find a way to get VPA to run under FreeBSD - I
tried using BOCHS, VMWARE, and all the emulators I could find but
either they simply won't work the way VPA needs them to or I am simply
too unknowledgable to figure out the solution. Each time I attempted
to run VPA it complained because it thought there were no vga drivers
installed.