Netscape

The Ghost In The Machine ewill at lexideb.athghost7038suus.net
Tue Aug 28 16:25:40 CDT 2001

In comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine, Uwe Bonnes
<bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de>
 wrote
on 27 Aug 2001 21:19:00 GMT
<9medg4$8sa$2 at sun27.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de>:
>The Ghost In The Machine <ewill at lexideb.athghost7038suus.net> wrote:
>: In comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine, zb at nospam.dk
>: <zb at nospam.dk>
>:  wrote
>: on 27 Aug 2001 08:17:40 +0200
>: <87r8tygh6j.fsf at pondus.localdomain>:
>:>Is it possible to install and run Netscape whitout having access to a
>:>native windows.
>
>: There is a Linux-native version of Netscape available.  Or you can
>: download the Mozilla source and try to compile it, if you're really
>: adventurous. :-)
>
>: I'm not sure if the Windows version of Netscape4 or Netscape6 runs under
>: Wine yet.  (I can see why some people might want to preserve their cookies,
>: but otherwise one should just go for the native prebuilt. :-) )
>
>Some people during an exhibition last year felt that Windows Netscape under
>wine crashed less often than Linux Netscape under Linux...
>
>But beside that, this newsgroup is for discussing wine and it's development,
>and challenging wine with big applications like netscape is what this group
>is for...

I am forced to agree; if one can get Netscape to do something semi-
intelligent on Wine, half the battle is won already.  (The other
half is getting *IE* to work.  :-) )

[.sigsnip]

--
ewill at aimnet.com -- and there's no Linux port for that one yet :-)