Event trail - better patch

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Wed Aug 29 09:15:00 CDT 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Brad Campbell wrote:

> Ove Kaaven wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Brad Campbell wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, I'm now at a dead loss.. Where does the message sent by X11DRV_SendEvent go?
> >
> > Through a lot of indirection, it is dispatched to mouse_event() in
> > windows/input.c.
>
> Thankyou.. I'm looking at it now..
>
> This patch solves the problem without sending extra messages.. would this
> be a resonably correct fix and shuold I post it to the developers list?

Would work for the x11drv in normal operation, where MOUSEEVENTF_ABSOLUTE
is always set, but not in situations where it's not set (like DGA
perhaps?). Maybe it's best to force a movement message after all? Hmm,
does Real Windoze force one before the button down message is received? If
not, you may have to do the movement processing (only done for the
MOUSEEVENTF_MOVE right now) for all events, not just the movement. You
could ask on wine-devel.