Wine

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Fri Aug 31 15:37:56 CDT 2001

Giorgio Busatto wrote:

> Hallo,
> I am completely new to wine, and I am very interested in it. I wanted to
> ask if
> there are already forecasts as to when wine will be released and
> actually
> usable instead of Windows. Are there at least rough estimates?

Actually usable? I've been using wine for several applications in my
business on an almost daily basis for a year and a half. So "usable"
really depends on which applications you are using. Many work perfectly,
but it is really a matter of testing with the applications you are
interested in. Or check the database:

http://appdb.codeweavers.com/

And of course, if an application you are interested mostly works, try
making the effort to fix it, and then submit patches!

--
My real email is akamail.com at dclark (or something like that).