Running console apps

eric pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 1 06:25:11 CST 2001

Pavel Troller wrote:

> Hi!
>   I'm trying to run a program which requires the win console (i.e. it doesn't
> run from DOS).
>   I can't run it from wineconsole - there is a new window opened, there is a
> big fat cursor in it, which moves sometimes but nothing remains written.
since running without wineconsole also crashes the program, something
must be
wrong outside the recent console changes (even it's more than likely
that bugs
remain). did you try to run with -debugmsg +relay to see what could be
cause
of the the issue (some wine bug triggered by the program)

> fixme:ddraw:VGA_Poll output commented out for now, should be moved to winedos.dll
yes, there's still work to be done on the console and its integration
with
DOS interface

A+