Wine and Derive 5

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Tue Dec 4 08:44:08 CST 2001

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 07:03:55 +0100, Marcus Roeckrath
<marcus.roeckrath at gmx.de> wrote:

>I found the fonts in the output one of it several times. The fonts are not
>marked as unaliased. But I'm unable to interpret the messages.

Well, I have trouble interpreting double negations myself :
'are *not* marked as *un*aliased' :-)

Anyway, what you should look for are the calls to CreateFont.
The api works like that : the application calls CreateFont to create
a font, specifying some particular requirement, including often (but
not always) a font name. But the system (Windows, Wine) is free
to choose the best fitting font. I suspect that what is happening is
that the X font you created has not the correct char set. Char set
has a very high weight in the Wine font chooser - more important
that the font name.
I don't know  much about these problems, but I remember someone
having this one before. Maybe you could check with Google - I have
a dim recollection of options to set to create a X font with better
parameters.

Usage: fnt2bdf [-t] [-c charset] [-o basename] [input file]
  -c charset    charset name for OEM_CHARSET fonts

--> it's probably this parameter that was used.

If the char set and the font name match, I think that you
will have a winner in the Wine font choosing game.

Gerard