Wine and Derive 5

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Tue Dec 4 10:22:37 CST 2001

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 23:59:29 -0300, Eike Lantzsch <eikelan at gmx.net>
wrote:

>This also happens to my old VB3 application. It too writes empty entries
>like this into its xxxx.ini file. It is not too much confused however.

Does this happen with current cvs ? That is, you clear the .ini file,
and it add new entries with current cvs ?

>Only the setup of the initial button bar of said program always comes
>up with the same geometry even if it was changed before.
>I too would appreciate a hint how to track this down.

Do you mean that you change the geometry in the
program, and the new value is not saved when the
program exits ? Is the change permanent if you do
it by hand, directly in the .ini file, outside of the
application ?

What can happen is that the .ini really used is not
the one you think. Search your disk for multiple
occurences. I remember that at some point I found
one in my .wine config directory. How it was created
there is a mystery, but after it was, it was used. I deleted
it and all was well. It's a probably a bug anyway that
a file in this place should be used, though.

Gerard