Wine and Derive 5

Eike Lantzsch eikelan at gmx.net
Wed Dec 5 01:34:55 CST 2001

gerard patel wrote:
>  On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 23:59:29 -0300, Eike Lantzsch <eikelan at gmx.net>
>  wrote:
>
> >This also happens to my old VB3 application. It too writes empty entries
> >like this into its xxxx.ini file. It is not too much confused however.
>
>  Does this happen with current cvs ? That is, you clear the .ini file,
>  and it add new entries with current cvs ?

Yes I'm up-to-date with cvs. It still happens.

> >Only the setup of the initial button bar of said program always comes
> >up with the same geometry even if it was changed before.
> >I too would appreciate a hint how to track this down.
>
>  Do you mean that you change the geometry in the
>  program, and the new value is not saved when the
>  program exits ? Is the change permanent if you do
>  it by hand, directly in the .ini file, outside of the
>  application ?

I chnge geometry within the program,yes. Will try it with changeing
directly in .ini.

>  What can happen is that the .ini really used is not
>  the one you think. Search your disk for multiple
>  occurences. I remember that at some point I found
>  one in my .wine config directory. How it was created
>  there is a mystery, but after it was, it was used. I deleted
>  it and all was well. It's a probably a bug anyway that
>  a file in this place should be used, though.
>
>  Gerard

Yes I already looked for multiple occurrences. And yes the funny thing
happened here too. It is in .wine and that's the one which is used.
Those .ini in /c/windows or /c/application are ignored.
I will try what happens when I delete the one in .wine.

Thank you for your answer.

Regards, Ike
--
       . .                    Eike Lantzsch
      <___>                   CdC 1519 ASUNCION PY