Agent Clipboard issues revisited

Oliver Sampson olsam at quickaudio.com
Wed Dec 5 06:47:33 CST 2001

On Wed, 05 Dec 2001 12:37:25 GMT, g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid (gerard
patel) wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Dec 2001 01:09:41 +0100, Oliver Sampson
><olsam at quickaudio.com> wrote:
>
>>I was afraid you were going to say that.  I already have that
>>declaration there.
>>
>>[Clipboard]
>>"ClearAllSelections" = "1"
>>"PersistentSelection" = "1"
>
>What can I say ? I reproduce your problem by removing
>the above config file entry, I remove it by adding it back.
>Make sure that everything concerning Wine is shut down
>when changing the config file. If the wineserver is still
>active, the config is not reloaded.
>
>Gerard

Oh.  All I've been doing is closing Agent and then restarting it with
the wine -managed command. When I have wine agent running it shows a
wine and wineserver running; when I shut Agent down, there's no wine
processes running.  Is there something else to do to shut down/clear
up the wine server? Again, it's kinda freaky--I can paste once into
Agent.  I can't even repeatedly paste the same thing.  And once I've
pasted, all clipboard interactions between Agent and the KDE desktop
stop.

I've found another interesting symptom.  I've tried a few different
combinations of start by copying from KDE, start by copying from
Agent, copy to KDE, copy to Agent, etc, and this is the only
combination that creates this output.

1) I copy something in Agent.
2) I paste it into KDE (Kate in this case)
3) I copy something from KDE (Konsole output). As soon as I lift up
the button to finish my selection, I get a gazillion of:

fixme:clipboard:X11DRV_GetClipboardData No parent win found 0 0

Well, approximately, a gazillion, I didn't really count them. :-)

4) I paste it into Agent <- this is normally where the interaction
between Agent and the KDE clipboard shuts off.
5) Then no more pasting between the two systems until I restart wine
Agent.

BTW, are there separate cvs files for wine and the wine server?  I've
seen mention of them, but at the download site there was only
reference to wine-cvs-* files?

Thanks,
Oliver Sampson
olsam at quickaudio.com