Agent Clipboard issues revisited

Oliver Sampson olsam at quickaudio.com
Wed Dec 5 09:09:20 CST 2001

On Wed, 05 Dec 2001 15:15:38 GMT, g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid (gerard
patel) wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Dec 2001 13:47:33 +0100, Oliver Sampson
><olsam at quickaudio.com> wrote:
>
>>Oh.  All I've been doing is closing Agent and then restarting it with
>>the wine -managed command. When I have wine agent running it shows a
>>wine and wineserver running; when I shut Agent down, there's no wine
>>processes running.  Is there something else to do to shut down/clear
>>up the wine server?
>
>10321 pts/2    S      0:02 /home/gerard/win/wine/wine -managed -winver
>win95 AGENT.EXE
>10323 ?        S      0:00 wineserver„
>
>2 processes to kill to be sure nothing remains of Wine in
>memory (as Agent does not fire other threads when it does
>not try to send data)

Well, when I close down Agent, all the wine processes go away. (Like
they should.)

However, I've noticed two differences:  Based on another post in
another thread, I think you're using Free Agent 1.21 or something like
that.  I'm using Agent 1.8.  And I see above that you're running
-winver win95, and I'm not.  I'll try that and see if it changes the
behavior.

>>BTW, are there separate cvs files for wine and the wine server?  I've
>>seen mention of them, but at the download site there was only
>>reference to wine-cvs-* files?
>>

>No, you get everything in the same package. It's absolutely
>needed these files have a common origin.

As I had guessed--I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks,
Oliver Sampson
olsam at quickaudio.com
http://www.oliversampson.com