Resource temporarily unavailable

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Wed Dec 5 12:26:14 CST 2001

On Wed, 05 Dec 2001 14:25:20 +0000, "T REX" <the1trex at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>So you are saying that it times out before it gets anything?
>You may hawe lost me a little, win computer? test aplikation?
>why? how? where?

The app calls GetOverlappedResult and stops there,
if you hit Ctrl C to abort Wine at this moment.
This is the problem : from what you say of the app's
behaviour under Windows, the app does not hang.

It's documented that calling SetCommTimeouts, with
readinterval=ffffffff, readconst=00000000, and readmult=
00000000 makes ReadFile return immediately if there is
no data available.

So I suspect that GetOverlappedResult is behaving
identically. But as I have never done any programming
of this kind - I did not even know that SetCommTimeouts
existed before seeing your post - I don't *know*.