Compiling winelib on SPARC

David Lee Lambert lamber45 at egr.msu.edu
Wed Dec 5 18:07:51 CST 2001

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, gerard patel wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 14:56:56 -0500, David Lee Lambert
> <lamber45 at egr.msu.edu> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >The problem is that we have GNU's 'as' as /opt/bin/as,  but the installed
> >version of gcc doesn't call it for some reason.]
>
> Did you actually read the Wine README ?

Urk.. not recently,  and not with this problem in mind.  However,  when I
re-read it,  I remembered that I had read this part before.

Unfortunately,  I can't install a new version of gcc myself,  because this
system has several hundred users and I'm just one of them.  I asked the
sysadmins about it,  and they told me that /opt/bin/as was the GNU
version,  so this was what I had to do.  I doubt they'll want to recompile
gcc just so I can compile winelib until I can demonstrate that it does
something very useful.  (Even running Word wouldn't count,  because they
have StarOffice installed...)

--
DLL