Resource temporarily unavailable

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Dec 6 11:24:37 CST 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Mike McCormack wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> yeah, looks like there's a bit of confusion between RTS_CONTROL_ENABLE
> and RTS_CONTROL_HANDSHAKE in dlls/kernel/comm.c
>
> RTS_CONTROL_ENABLE does not mean we should use flow control, it means
> we should turn on RTS and leave it on. Similarly with
> DTR_CONTROL_ENABLE. Man, what confusing names.
>
> Is the (untested) patch attached helpful?
>
> Looks like there will be more issues with this...
>
> Mike

Yep.  That is all very well for my 32 bit app, but the 16 bit - works
OK, unless you try a comm trace, then it crashes, with this little
beauty:

trace:comm:WriteComm16 cid 3, ptr 0x40f7d21e, length 1487
wine_dbg_vprintf: debugstr buffer overflow (contents: 'trace:comm:WriteComm16 1A2845F7:       4:PUTDATA 541 AD_STATS 0.AS

I guess 1407 bytes plus the trace message is more than we need.

Also, the app shuts off CRTSCTS.  I think there is still something wrong
in [GS]etCommState16 and/or DCBtoDCB16.

Lawson

Probable user head space error. - Dennis A. Moore