Sound with Wine

Thomas Watz twatz at gmx.de
Thu Dec 6 14:02:53 CST 2001

Hello NG,

I am using Wine 20011108 (Debian Woody) and the most important programs are
running fine with it. I configured Wine with the winesetup-tool.

In general sound is running (e.g. with Winamp). And of course, sound runs
with Linux (KDE). But some programs seems to have some probems. I am
running a birthday reminder, which gives an notification sound in case of a
birthday. But this does not work. The program runs fine, but there is no
sound.
I am running a Sokoban game with sound and background music. The sound
works fine, but the background music not.

Is there something I can do with that?

BTW: I have found a Wine-HOW-TO, but it seems completely out of date (e.g.
the option --desktop seems not to be available anymore). Where can I find a
newer one?

Thanks, Thomas