Registry, HKEY, CONFIGDIR CorelDraw problems

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Thu Dec 6 15:52:00 CST 2001

On Thu, 06 Dec 2001 11:59:01 -0800, "Jonathan A. Hedstrom"
<professorbikeybike at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello Wine experts.  I am trying to get CorelDraw 7.0 to work under
>wine, and I have successfully installed the program, but when I attempt
>to run it, I get the following dialogue error message:
>
>Key:
>"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corel\CORELDRAW\7.0"
>Value: "ConfigDir" not found in the Registry.

The registry holds the program configuration. It is initialized
during installation. So it seems that the installation did not
run as successfully as you think. It's not absolutely necessary
to have success under Wine to be able to run an app, though.
Sometimes you can get the correct values from a Windows
installation - by using regedit under Windows and the Wine
utility regapi (regapi has to be compiled, its syntax is listed
by running it without parameters)

IIRC some people have expressed doubt in running CorelDraw
under Wine because its font support is a bit lacking.

>Along with this error message, comes the exciting output displayed
>below, that is probably irrelevant.

Yes, it's not related and don't matter.

Gerard