Problem report: SHRINKER.ERR, fix to DEVICE_Open/CreateFileA?

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Dec 6 16:27:54 CST 2001

Robert Baruch <autophile at starband.net> wrote:
:...

: So I take back my thought that \\.\filename.ext should just open the
: file as a regular file. I think it should be opening the file as a VxD,
: installing it if it isn't already installed. How that's supposed to work
: is beyond me, but I'll see if I can learn about how it should be done.

Wine can't run VXDs.  Running with --winver nt40 shouldn't use the VXD.
However the shrinker code is obfuscated to the top and last time I tried
some shrinker file with nt40 wine failed too.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de