LoadOEMResource crash [Was: Re: Problem report: SHRINKER.ERR, fix to DEVICE_Open/CreateFileA? ]

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sat Dec 8 12:45:22 CST 2001

> Hi Pavel,
>
> Can you run your app under winedbg? When I run my app under winedbg, it
> segfaults inside the application code with a bad read access. The
> specific instruction it faults on is movl 0x10(%esi),%eax (aka mov
> [esi+0x10],eax for IDA users). I'm curious to know if your app uses the
> same library as mine...
>
> --Rob
Hi!
  If run under winedbg, my app crashes differently than if run without it.
  It crashes very soon, probably not in LoadOEMResource.
  It's wrong that I can't C&P from the winedbg window, I would paste the register and
stack dumps.
  However, it's a page fault on read access to 0x000001f4 in 32bit code,
there are 5 stack entries, the last two in USER32.DLL.GetTaskmanWindow (in libuser32.so)
  The offending instruction is movl 0x1f4(%eax),%ebx and eax is 0x0, which explains the
fault address. I didn't compile with debugging on so I can't supply the source code
fragment which makes the crash :-(.
                           With regards, Pavel