Counter-Strike, Wine and Mandrake 8.1

Loke reply at group.plz
Tue Dec 11 16:29:48 CST 2001

Hello,

Guess you all are pretty tired of this topic, but I got a rather interesing
problem:

Ive got Mandrake 8.1 and the latest nvidia drivers and latest wine release
installed. When playing Counter-Strike (Half-Life) clone under wine with
OpenGL, I get really bad fps drops. It usually stay around 70fps, but
sometimes dive as low as 15-25. Real annoying.

Ive got a Celeron 900 and a GeForce2 Pro 64mb card. The interesting
thing however, is that with my old computer, Celeron300 at 450 and GeForce2MX
I did not get these frame-drops at all. I then used an earlier build of
wine, but cannot remember the version number...

So; my question is: What version of wine is best for gaming (Im thinking
speed) ? Maybe go for WineX?

Thank you all, and sorry for bringing Half-life topic up again...