compile failure at - libavifile.so Error Code 2

chip at wiegand.org chip at wiegand.org
Mon Dec 10 12:09:55 CST 2001

Claudio Di Martino wrote:

> chip at wiegand.org wrote:
>> I am trying to install wine from the latest source on a FreeBSD 4.4 box.
>> I did
>
> I'm using Wine release 20011108 on this FreeBSD box and it compiled fine.
> Some elementary programs run fine.
> I suggest you to compile wine from the ports, so that sources get patched
> to compile cleanly and without effort.
> If you aren't used to ports on BSD try man ports to an overview of the
> ports collection.
>
> Ciao!!!
>
> Claudio Di Martino                           claudio at unige.it
> Unsolicited and/or junk e-mail to this address isn't accepted

I did try that last week, got one version of solitair working, but
absolutely nothing else (see archives for previous messages). Plus the port
version is missing the regapi and wineinstall programs. Maybe those are not
needed in the port version? I couldn't get the port version to work worth a
darn anyway.

--
Chip