Setup terminates prematurely

Ian D . Stewart idstewart at compuvative.com
Tue Dec 11 22:46:39 CST 2001

On 2001.12.10 13:50:06 -0500 Andreas Mohr Usenet 10/01 wrote:
> lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:
> > On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Ian D. Stewart wrote:
>

> >> Well, I've found the problem for this one (kinda).  Part way through
> the
> >> installation, an error dialog is displayed complaining about not
> enough
> >> disk space.  However, the dialog was displayed behind the main dialog
> >> (which, being 'blocked' by the error message, could not be moved).  I
> >> was able to get at this dialog by moving the main dialog to the bottom
> >> just before pressing the button that triggers the error.
> >>
> >> According to the Wine Trouble Shooting Guide, I am getting this error
> >> because a misconfigured registry (I'll have to look into that).
> >>
> >> My next question: Why didn't the error dialog display on top of the
> main
> >> dialog, they way it's supposed to?
>
> > I guess that is what "not modal yet" means.  I wondered.
> Yep, I'd say so.
> I implemented that warning, BTW ! (before there was just plain void !)
> Note that it could just as well easily be a window manager issue.

Possible.  I am running BlackBox which uses a 'follow cursur' focus model
(i.e., what ever window the mouse is over gets focus).

This wouldn't be so bad if the Windows windows showed up in the window
list.

> I do think that it's the fact that it's not modal yet, though.
> Once someone fixes Wine's Z order problems (hmm, or is it already
> committed ?),
> we can say more.

Cool.  I'll keep an eye on wine-patch.

Ian

--
"Looney?!  I'm just as sane as the rest of you.
 Never mind..."

 Get my GNU Privacy Guard public key at
 ftp://ftp.stewartcastle.com/pub/idstewart.key